If you listened to the last broadcast of The Real Estate Insider on BlogTalkRadio, we began a discussion on “self motivation”.
How do you push your own buttons? What do you do to motivate yourself?
So in the fashion of David Letterman’s Top 10… we’ll start with number #5 first.
5. “Change who you are first”. Have you ever caught yourself looking to change those around you… it never works (I thought I was going to change the world – not going to work).
4. “Crisis inspires our best efforts”. I’m sure you’ve watched 24 (starring Jack Bauer). I was watching an episode and heard a line in the show that summarizes this point… “Stress is the fertilizer for creativity”.
We tend to brainlessly create a life based on what’s comfortable. We don’t have to wait for something tragic or dangerous to attack from the outside, we can get that same vitality going by simply challenging ourselves.
3. “Great things are often created slowly through small changes”. Remember, greatness is not achieved overnight… you have to put in the work.
How about changing just 5% at a time?
If you added just 5% more of purpose to your life each day, it would only be 20 days before you had doubled your sense of purpose.
Small changes… trust me on this one!!!
2. “Don’t just do something… sit there”. For a long time, all by yourself, sit quietly, absolutely alone. Completely relax. Don’t allow the television or music to be on. Just be with yourself. Watch for what happens. Feel your sense of belonging to the silence. Observe insights starting to appear. Observe your relationship with yourself starting to get better and softer and more comfortable.
1. “Whatever we learn to do, we learn by actually doing it” – Aristotle. Do I need to say anymore? That’s Aristotle!!!
Tune in to the next episode of The Real Estate Insider on BlogTalkRadio at 9:30 am on Tuesday, Aug. 24 to learn even more steps to self motivation. In addition, our guest will be Mark Broyles and we’ll be discussing the most important part of the real estate business: “PROSPECTING”.
Leave a comment with your ideas on how to get motivated. I might mention it on the show!
Tags: 24, Aristotle, atlanta, atlanta real estate, Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metro Brokers, Blog Talk Radio, BlogTalkRadio, business, Buyers, coaching, Jack Bauer, Metro Brokers, Michael McFadden, motivation, quotes, RE Insider, Real Estate, real estate agent, Real Estate Insider, self motivation, success, Tips